April 7 - Value Village

These days I'm trying to buy more books NEW than used, in order to support writers and publishers a little more. That's especially true for more local writers and for smaller publishers, but I've got this unfortunate taste for volume and consumption.... Which led me today to Value Village, where I found a few unexpected treats as I tried to convince myself that my purchases represented living out the recycling ethos I so often yammer on about at such length:
  • John S. Matthiasson, Living on the Land: Change among the Inuit of Baffin Island ($3.99 from Broadview Press, and it looks terrifically interesting)
  • Clive Ponting, A Green History of the World: The Environment and the Collapse of Great Civilizations ($3.99)
  • Stuart Sim, Derrida and the End of History ($1.99, much more readable than it might seem by title alone)
  • Raymond Williams, Marxism and Literature ($2.99, an old chestnut)

Comments

Popular Posts